1. Welcome to VSOCIETY.EARTH
1. VSOCIETY operates a peer-to-peer social network that uses algorithms to suggest relevant content, products and experiences to you; based on your preferences and other information that you have submitted to it. This enabling you to Watch, Shop, Sell, Read, Discuss, Message and more on the platform - either through the web or the apps that you have downloaded from the relevant stores. 2. The platform is operated by VSOCETY LIMITED, incorporated and registered in England with the trading address as 22 Cullis Drive, Telford, West Midlands, TF4 3FN.
2. Your relationship with us
1. This document and any documents referred to within it (collectively, the “Terms of Service”) set out the terms of your relationship with us. It is important that you read and understand the Terms of Service before using the Service. If there is anything within them that you do not understand, then please contact us at [email protected] to discuss what this means for you. 2. By setting up an account with us and/or using and accessing the Service, you agree to and accept these Terms of Service in their entirety. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, you may not use the Service.
3. Information about you and your privacy
4. Setting up your VSOCIETY account
1. To access our Service, you must create an account with a username and password (your “Account”). We encourage you to use passwords that include a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your Account to prevent hacking of your account. 2. You must be at least 13 years of age and capable in your country of residence of entering into a legally binding agreement to use our Service. VSOCIETY does not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such individuals to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age
5. VSOCIETY Timeline
1. Our Service allows you to find and create posts in the following formats : image, video, audio, text. In addition to creating events and products(sale items) that appear in the relevant sections of the platform. 2. To improve the experience of our service we use algorithms to tailor the content delivered to you based off of information that you provide.
5. VSOCIETY Video platform
1. Our Service allows you to discover, watch and shortlist video content that is available in the VSOCIETY WATCH platform. You can comment on users from your account and we request that our users remain polite in doing so. 2. WATCH works primarily through aggregation, pulling videos from leading video platforms enabling the creators/uploaders of the videos to receive views on the original platform and all advertising revenues. Our service focuses solely on helping users to discover great content and creators. 3. This content belongs to the original creator and uploader. 4. Should you wish for your content to be featured on the platform send an email to [email protected] and provide a link to the content. If you do not hear back in 2 weeks, please assume that you have been unsuccessful this time round.
5. VSOCIETY Article platform
1. Our Service offers a self publishing blog platform that enables you to discover and publish interesting articles across a wide range of topics 2. Please see section (Your Content) for further infoRmation.
5. VSOCIETY Marketplace
3. Our Service allows you to buy and sell ethical items in an fun and easy way. 4. You can sell your products, services and items through our Service by publishing pictures of the item you want to sell (“Sale Item”) and by creating posts. 5. Sale Items must only be sold and purchased using PayPal accessed through the Service (a “Sale Transaction”). You will therefore need a PayPal account to use the Service. If you are under 18 and do not have your own PayPal account, and plan to use a parent’s or third party’s PayPal account, you undertake that you have express permission to use such parent’s or third party’s PayPal account in relation to each and every transaction undertaken on our Site. 6. To safeguard the interests of our users, you are not permitted to sell or purchase a Sale Item by making direct arrangements with the buyer or the seller to use a payment method other than PayPal via the Service. Please note that selling or purchasing a Sale Item in any other way is a breach of our Rules of Acceptable Use and can result in, among other things, suspension or termination of your access to the Service. 7. We want our Service to be a positive experience for our users and we ask that you honour the commitments you make to another user in respect of the swap, sale or purchase of a Sale Item. 8. Any agreement for and/or purchase of a Sale Item is made solely between you and the seller. Complaints, questions and claims related to a Sale Item should be directed to the seller through the VSOCIETY messenger. Where users cannot resolve issues relating to a Sale Transaction between themselves, we will attempt to help mediate such disputes through our dispute resolution process. 9. We are not the seller of any Sale Items, meaning that we have no control and do not give any commitment relating to the existence, quality, safety, genuineness or legality of Sale Items from non verified sellers. This also applies to the honesty of any picture or description of the Sale Items or any other content made available by users, the ability of sellers to sell Sale Items, the ability of buyers to pay for them or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return the Sale Item, and we have no liability in this respect. Sellers are responsible for ensuring that Sales Items are free from animal products and testing while also ensuring that any age-restricted Sale Items are marked clearly with the applicable age restriction (as required by law) and Buyers agree that they shall not attempt to purchase Sale Items if they are younger than the advertised and legal age restriction.
6. Your right to use the Service
1. The intellectual property rights in all content and materials comprising the Service, including but not limited to videos, audio, images, written content and designs on each page of the VSOCIETY application, either belong to us or we have permission from the owner to use them to provide the Service. All such intellectual property is protected by worldwide intellectual property laws, including copyright and design laws. We give you permission to use the materials and content comprising the Service for the sole purpose of using the Service in accordance with these Terms of Service. 2. Your right to use the Service is personal to you and you are not allowed to give this right to another person. Your right to use the Service does not stop us from giving other people the right to use the Service. 3. Other than as allowed in Terms of Service or by us in writing, you are not given the right to use the “VSOCIETY” name, or any of the “VSOCIETY” trademarks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features, all of which are intellectual property rights that belong to VSOCIETY. 4. These Terms of Service do not grant you any rights to, or in, any such intellectual property rights or any other rights or licences in respect of VSOCIETY’s materials and content, the Service, VSOCIETY name and/or trademarks, other than as set out in these Terms of Service.
7. Your content
maintain your own backup of your User Content and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of User Content backup or storage. We shall have no liability for any loss of User Content.
8. Your Sale Items
1. You confirm that the Sale Items that you upload are free from animal products and animal testing while not causing any harm to any. 2. Established vegan/ethical brands will receive a “verified seller status” every user can apply for one by contacting [email protected] and you will be provided with a form to fill in.
9. Rules of Acceptable Use
1. In addition to the other requirements within these Terms of Service, this section describes specific rules that apply to your use of the Service (the “Rules of Acceptable Use”). 2. You must make sure that you have constant access to the email address that you provide in your Account. 3. When using the Service you must not: 1. Give any false or misleading information in your Account details. 2. Allow another person to use the Service under your name or on your behalf unless you are a business and such person is authorised by you. 3. Use the Service if we have suspended or banned you from using it. 4. Send spam messages. 5. Engage in any illegal or unlawful conduct including selling/advertising any fake or counterfeit items or any item that otherwise beaches another person’s rights, and must comply with applicable legal requirements relating to the sale or purchase of Sale Items (including but not limited to import and export rules and illegal products, the listing of any age restrictions, distance selling and cooling off rights which may apply to a Sale Item where the seller is a business). 6. Modify, interfere, intercept, disrupt or hack the Service. 7. Misuse the Service by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which would harm the Service or any user of the Service’s own equipment. 8. Collect any data from the Service other than in accordance with these Terms of Service. 9. Submit or contribute any User Content that contains explicit nudity, violence, is abusive, bullying, threatening, harassing, obscene, misleading, untrue, offensive, derogatory or uses bad or rude language, as VSOCIETY may decide in its absolute discretion.
10. Unfairly or unlawfully interfere with ratings system or user feedback system. 11. Submit or contribute any User Content without the permission of the content owner or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties. 12. Offer to sell or buy any of the items we list as prohibited items - items - VSOCIETY has a zero tolerance policy on using the app to promote, advertise or sell drugs, drug paraphernalia, tobacco and/or tobacco paraphernalia or products that contains animals or been tested on animals. 13. Purchase or sell a Sale Item by making direct arrangements with the buyer or the seller to use a payment method other than PayPal available through the Service. 14. Take any action which is deliberately designed to circumvent, reduce or manipulate the Commission due to us (as specified in section 11). 15. Post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation to, your or any other individual’s credit card information, national insurance number or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses. 16. Mine data, screen scrape or crawl any part of the Service. 17. Disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any part of the Service. 18. Adapt, copy, vary, edit, distribute or commercialise any content in the Service without the prior written consent of VSOCIETY. 19. Circumvent any technical measures implemented to protect or provide the Service. 20. Use any third party’s PayPal account unless you have express permission from them to do so. 4. Failure to comply with the Rules of Acceptable Use constitutes a serious breach of these Terms of Service, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions (with or without notice, and entirely at our discretion): 1. immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Service; 2. immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any User Content (including the removal of Sale Items listed on the Service); 3. issuing of a warning to you; 4. legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach; 5. disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary. 5. We may investigate any suspected breach of the Rules of Acceptable Use. During such investigation we may temporarily withdraw your right to use our Service or remove User Content (including the removal of Sale Items listed on the Service) without notice to you.
6. The responses described in section 8.4 are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
9. Notice and takedown policy
1. Any person may contact us by sending us an “Infringement Notice” if any content available through our Service infringes their rights or fails to comply with our Rules of Acceptable Use. The Infringement Notice should be sent either by post to VSOCETY Limited, 22 Cullis Drive, Telford, West Midlands TF4 3FN or by email to [email protected] Please provide the information described below in the Infringement Notice: 1. your name and contact details; 2. a statement explaining in sufficient detail why you consider that the content available through our Service infringes your rights or fails to comply with our Rules of Acceptable Use; and 3. a link to or such other means of identifying the problematic content. 2. We will take the action that we believe is appropriate depending on the nature of the Infringement Notice and will aim to respond to you within a reasonable period of time on the action we propose to take.
10. Advertisements on the Service
11. Seller commission
12. Ending our relationship
1. If at any time you decide you can no longer wish to use our Service, you must immediately stop using the Service. 2. If you wish to end your use of the Service, please contact us at [email protected] from the email address linked to your account and ask us to deactivate your Account. Where such request comes from someone who is not the account holder, we may ask you to provide proof of who you are and your relationship to the User in question, and any other documents we may reasonably require. 3. We may immediately end your use of the Service if you break the Rules of Acceptable Use, any other important rule(s), or terms and conditions we set for accessing and using the Service including these Terms of Service. 4. We may also withdraw the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time and without any liability to you. 5. If you or we end your use of the Service or we withdraw the Service as described in this clause, we may delete your User Content, Account or any other information we hold about you. You will also lose any rights you have to use the Service or access our content or your User Content. You should note that even if your Account is deactivated, some of your data may persist and appear within the Service, for example where your User Content has been re-shared by others.
13. Our liability/responsibility to you
1. You alone decide whether to proceed with a sale or purchase of a Sale Item. As such, we make no commitments regarding the Sale Items including the quality or delivery of the Sale Items, or for honouring (or causing any seller to honour) any erroneous information regarding the price, description and availability of, or any information relating to any Sale Items promoted or available through our Service, or the ability of the purchaser to complete any purchase of the Sale Items. 2. Although it is our intention that the Service is available as much as possible, there may be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including for scheduled maintenance, upgrades and emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunication links and/or equipment. The Service and any content contained therein (including User Content) is provided on an “as available” and “as is” basis. This means that we are unable to promise that your use of the Service will be uninterrupted, without delays, error-free or meet your expectations and we do not give any commitment relating to the performance or availability of the Service in these Terms of Service and, to the extent we are able to do so, we exclude any commitments that may be implied by law. You accept that the internet may be subject to
breaches of security and that the submission of User Content or other information may not be secure. 3. VSOCIETY is not responsible or liable for any loss or harm caused by viruses, worms or other programmes designed to impair the Service. 4. You may be able to access third party links/websites/products via the Service. VSOCIETY is not responsible for any third party links/websites/products which may be accessed by you at your sole option. Your access to use such third party links/websites/products and services shall be solely at your own risk and subject to your acceptance and compliance with the separate terms and conditions of such third party. 5. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, our total responsibility for any claims relating to a Sale Transaction is limited to the Commission payable in connection with that Sale Transaction. 6. For any other claims arising out of the provision of the Service, we do not accept any responsibility whatsoever (whether arising in contract, tort otherwise), except where we cannot disclaim responsibility by law (such as death and/or personal injury caused by our negligence). 7. We will never be responsible for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable and we will never be responsible for indirect losses and/or financial and business loss, or loss of goodwill or reputation.
14. Your responsibility to us
1. If VSOCIETY is sued due to an action or inaction by you (including a breach of these Terms of Service) then we have the right, at our discretion, to request that you indemnify us (i.e. cover all our costs including legal fees) and hold us harmless from any legal claim or demand for expenses or costs that arises as a result. Where we decide to conduct the defence of such claim, you agree to assist us as reasonably requested.
15. Resolving disputes DISPUTES WITH US
1. If you have a dispute with us relating to the Service, in the first instance please contact us at [email protected] and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally.
DISPUTES WITH OTHER USERS RELATING TO A SALE TRANSACTION
1. If you use PayPal to pay for a Sale Item or receive any money for a Sale Transaction you may be eligible for PayPal’s Buyer or Seller Protection, details of which are available here.
1. The seller is responsible for the shipment of the Sales Item to the buyer. 2. VSOCIETY shall not be responsible for any local customs charges, import taxes or duties or any similar charge(s) incurred through the carriage and/or delivery of any shipments and the seller must satisfy themselves as to whether any of these charges will become due, and if so in what amounts. If any such charges become due as a result of carriage and/or delivery of a shipment and are charged to VSOCIETY by any competent authority the seller agrees to reimburse VSOCIETY fully in respect of the same within 7 days of our demand.
17. Changes to the Service
1. We are constantly updating and improving the Service to try and find ways to provide you with innovative features and services. Improvements and updates are also made to reflect
changing technologies, culture, behaviours and the way people use the Internet and our Service. 2. In order to do this, we may need to update, reset, stop offering and/or supporting a particular part of the Service, or feature relating to the Service (“changes to the Service”). These changes to the Service may affect your past activities on the Service, features that you use and your User Content (“Service Elements”). Any changes to the Service could involve Service Elements being deleted or reset. 3. You agree that a key characteristic of our Service is that changes to the Service will take place over time and this is an important basis on which we grant you access to the Service. Once we have made changes to the Service, your continued use of the Service will show that you have accepted any changes to the Service. You are always free to stop using the Service or deactivate your Account by contacting us at [email protected] from the email address linked to your account.
18. Changes to these Terms of Service
1. We may revise these Terms of Service from time to time and any changes will take effect after 3 days of any notification email sent to you notifying you of any changes, or at the time the revised Terms of Service are posted (whichever happens first) and your continued use of the Service shall constitute acceptance of such revised Terms of Service. 2. Changes will usually occur because of new features being added to the Service, changes in the law or where we need to clarify our position on something. 3. We will contact you to let you know about any significant changes to any of the documents referred to in these Terms of Service. We may contact you through the Service (by asking you to accept the changes before you continue to use the Service) or via a separate email. 4. Normally, we will try to give you some warning before the new terms become effective. However, sometimes changes will need to be made immediately and if this happens we will not give you any notice.
19. Documents that apply to our relationship with you
1. The current version of the Terms of Service contains the only terms and conditions that apply to our relationship with you. Older versions of the Terms of Service will no longer apply to our relationship and will be completely replaced by the current version. 2. We intend to rely on these Terms of Service as setting out the written terms of our agreement with you for the provision of the Service. If part of the Terms of Service cannot be enforced then the remainder of the Terms of Service will still apply to our relationship.
3. If you do not comply with these Terms of Service and we do not take action immediately, this does not mean we have given up any right we have and we may still take action in the future.
20. Law and general provisions
1. As we are based in England, English law will apply to all disputes and the interpretation of these Terms of Service. The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or related to your use of the Service. These Terms of Service do not exclude any mandatory legal rights you may have in your country of residence, where VSOCIETY is not allowed to exclude such as a matter of law. 2. We may assign any of our rights and obligations under these Terms of Service. 3. These Terms of Service do not create an agency, partnership, employment or joint venture relationship between you and VSOCIETY. 4. VSOCIETY will not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform its obligations caused by any force majeure event. In those circumstances VSOCIETY will be granted a reasonable extension of time for the performance of its obligations, the reasonableness of that extension to be assessed in the context of these Terms of Service and VSOCIETY’s other commitments. 5. No third party or (except, where applicable, the permitted assign of VSOCIETY) is entitled to the benefit of these Terms of Service under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
21. Contact, feedback and complaints
1. If you need to contact us in relation to these Terms of Service or any other document mentioned in them, please email us at [email protected] 2. We value hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can improve the Service. By providing your feedback you agree that you are giving up any rights you have in your feedback so that we may use and allow others to use it without any restriction and without any payment to you.